We aim to advocate quality basic educational and social economic welfare for disadvantaged children of Liberia.
WELCOME TO OUR SITE
Co-founded by Mr. Robert D.G. Garguah, Jr. and Mrs. Dekontee Doboyou-Howard on May 10, 2010, ME1C2/LILFOC FOUNDATION, INC is a 501(c)(3) registered, non-governmental, non-profit organization which goal is to address the many social and educational needs of less fortunate Liberian children.
We advocate for the rights of the disadvantaged in Liberia, by working with the rightful government agency and other like-minded organizations in fighting the cause of disadvantaged children. We aim to help the Liberian government to achieve the United Nation’s MDGs, specifically Goal 2, “Achieve Universal Primary Education”.
We rely on support from our generous sponsors who generously give to support the work that we do to uplift the underprivileged in Liberia and make Liberia a better place for the future. Therefore, without your support, we cannot continue. Please find it within your heart to make a donation* today. $150.00 a year is all that stands between a child and his or her basic fundamental educational needs.
Access to education is not only a fundamental human right, but also a key factor in reducing poverty and child labor. If every child left school with basic reading skills, 171 million people could be lifted out of poverty.
Short Term Goals
- 2nd Annual Fundraiser Dinner
- Increase our scholarship recipients by 100 by academic year 2013
- Solicit sponsorship for 150 more students by academic year 2013/2014
- Annual three (3) days Summer camp and field trips for our scholarship recipients
- Conduct vocational training classes for the parents of our scholarship recipients for long term sustainability for their children
Long Term Goals
- Solicit books, computers, and other learning materials
- Building community learning centers consisting of a modern library, computer lab, playground, etc. across Liberia